Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Crikey Wednesday already, how time flies!! 16 sleeps till ScrapManic, I cannot wait any longer, lol. Stu has very kindly offered to do an advent market for me the same weekend as SM, cause I managed to double book myself, and I have been frantically making him stuff to sell. Using up all the tins, clipboards and blank cards I had stored up in my scrap cupboard. He has 15 packs of cards, 2 large and about 9 small clipboards, a picture frame (altered/painted and decorated), and a seletion of decorated tins. And there are a few other bits half made that will be ready by then too!

Two LOs of holidays I had with my grandparents at a seaside hotel north of Durban.



They lived in Joburg and used to drive down to Durban, pick me up and drive up the coast to the hotel, even though it was a short trip (for me!) I felt like I was a million miles away from home. Gram would lay on a sun lounger tanning and drinking tea, I would join her in the afternoons for a milkshake, lol. And Grumps and I would walk along the beach picking up shells and looking for treasure in the rock pools, we did find an old rusty watch once! We would also occasionally use Grams silk scarves to fish for tiny fish in the rock pools :D



The weather has suddenly turned very cold! It was 4 degrees last night and this morning I had ice on the windscreen of the car. The temp during the day is predicted at between 10 and 12 for the rest of the week going into the weekend. I may even get to wear my new furry boots that I have had for two months and not had the cold weather to wear yet!

Right well I guess I had better find some work to do today considering I have done very little so far this week, lol.

Oh and I also got a yummy parcel from Jo at Box Room Booty (link on the right!) yesterday. Lots of Scenic Route chipboard alphas, crate paper and a wee charm. If you've not yet shopped with Jo, GO NOW!!

2 comments:

Debs said...

Caz the goodies for your advent market sound gorgeous ... when do we get to see the pics please?! Love those layouts of your childhood holidays - must bring back loads of memories for you hun. Whereabouts was the hotel you went with your grandparents ... I grew up in Umhlanga so just being nosey. LOL

Debs said...

Caz ..we've loved going to Chaka's Rock to play in the rock pools ... or that natural pool at low tide in Umloti. Aw those were the days